KOROSEAL® Interior Products Group has remained at the forefront of the building interiors industry with the development of products that respond to consumer needs and manufacturing practices that boost capabilities and efficiency. As a responsible corporate citizen, KOROSEAL is dedicated to protecting human health, natural resources, and the global environment. This commitment to a sustainable environment extends beyond legal compliance; it is an integral part of our regular business practice.
Korogard's sustainablity mission integrates a variety of products that contribute to a building achieving LEED® credits with sound environmental manufacturing practices so you can love your walls and your environment for years to come.
Korogard Wall Protection Products Contribute to Buildings Achieving LEED® Credits in a Variety of Credits:
- Materials & Resources Credit 1.2 (Building Reuse):
- In renovation projects, Korogard crash rail and handrail profiles can be installed over existing retainers, maintaining the exsiting walls.
- Materials & Resources Credit 2 (Construction Waste Management):
- Korogreen: Koroseal Wall Protection Systems will take back and recycle mechanically fastened aluminum and plastic wall protection components.
- By recyling wall protection products through the Korogreen Recycling Program, customers divert construction waste from landfills.
- Materials & Resources Credit 3 (Sustainably Sourced Materials & Products):
- Korogard crash rails, handrails, and several corner guards contain pre-consumer recycled content. Korogard can supply Forest Stewardship Council certified wood handrails and chair rails.
- Environmental Quality Credit 4:
- Standard Korogard Protective Wallcoverings are GREENGUARD® Certified for Children and Schools.
- Materials & Resources Credit 4 (Recycled Content):
- Korogard Crash Rails, Handrails, and several Corner Guards contain pre-consumer recycled content.
- Materials & Resources Credit 5 (Option 1) (CI) (Regional Materials):
- Cities as far north as Boston, New York, and Buffalo, as far south as Durham, and as far west as Detroit are all within 500 miles of the Korogard manufactiong plant in Muncy, PA.
- Materials & Resources Credit 7 (Certified Wood):
- Korowood™ Handrails: Korogard can supply Forest Stewardship Councel certified wood handrails.
For more information on Korogard Wall Protection Systems, e-mail us today or call 800-628-0449.